Youth/Senior Cards

Clipper accepts the following for proof of birth date:

  • Birth certificate or passport
  • State-issued driver’s license or identification card
  • Matricula consular/consular identification card
  • SF City ID Card
  • Student identification card with date of birth
  • Military or military dependent card with date of birth
  • Medical benefit card with date of birth

Starting on the day you are no longer eligible for a youth discount according to the policy of the transit agency being used, Clipper will charge you adult fares for that agency.

  • If your card has cash value, Clipper will automatically begin charging you the adult fare.
  • If your card has a youth pass, the pass will be cancelled the day you are no longer eligible for youth discounts. This will happen even if it is the beginning or middle of a pass.
  • If you’re about to be ineligible for youth discounts and your card is set up for automatic reloading (Autoload), you should disable Autoload before Clipper loads the new pass to prevent a product from being loaded that you will not be able to fully use.
  • If you would like to purchase adult passes online or with Autoload, you will need to get a new adult card.

To request a balance transfer, please contact Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883 (TTY/TDD 711 or 800.735.2929). Note: We can only transfer cash value; monthly passes and discount tickets cannot be transferred.