Set up Autoload
Never run out of value!
Autoload links your Clipper card to your credit card, bank account or transit benefit debit card to automatically pay for cash value, BART High Value Discount (HVD) ticket value, transit passes and/or parking value.* Autoload automatically adds value to your card whenever:
- Your cash value or BART HVD ticket balance is below $10
- Your pass expires
- You have two rides left on a multi-ride ticket
- Your parking value balance is below $40
*You cannot pay for parking value with a transit benefit debit card.
Setting Up Autoload
Have your payment information (credit card, transit benefit debit card or bank account) handy.
- Start here to either log into your Clipper account or create a new account. If you have an existing account, you'll need to click the "Add Value" button next to one of your cards (no need to do this if you are creating a new account).
- Choose the value you want to add to your card by selecting transit pass, cash value or parking value. Below where you specify the amount of value or select a specific pass, you'll see, "Do you want to set up Autoload?" Select yes, and click on the button at the bottom of the box to proceed to provide payment information.
- Activate your Autoload order by tagging your Clipper card to a card reader. You will need to wait 1 to 2 days to activate your Autoload after placing your online order, and it may take up to 5 days if you are tagging only on a bus or light-rail vehicle. If you are setting up Autoload with a bank account, please allow an additional 10 days for value to first be available.
- Set up backup payment. We strongly encourage you to set up a backup payment method in case we can't charge your primary method. From your Clipper account page, simply click "Add My Backup Funding" in the My Payment Information box. That way youll always have value on your card.
See our Autoload frequently asked questions for more information.